Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Ideas

I have no idea how to write a script for a movie, despite the fact that I once retooled a story into one. It was tedious and confusing and I felt like I had lost everything that made the story unique. I hated it. Also, I'm pretty sure I did it wrong.

But when my cousin said that we should write an action movie together, it actually sounded like fun. (the writing together part, not the script part) So I sat down and filled up pages with ideas. It never went past the idea stage, but it was fun to do, especially the list of things that I like and don't like in an action movie.

This is a list of sidekick characters for the heroes. I had so much fun with this.

Soccer Mom
"We'll take my van!"
"Let me get the first aid kit."
"Don't take that tone with me!"
"We've got juice...or juice."

High School Science Teacher
"This is not my job!"
"Wait! Wait! I knew...*huffs for breath*...knew I should have taken that coaches job."
"I babysit teenagers around chemicals all day. I can make anything explode."

College Student
"I can download the latest hit song, not get codes for a nuclear submarine."
"I've got 2 notebooks, an iPod, my latin textbook and flip-flops."
"Cool! Free stuff! Do you think they'll care if we take these?"

Meter Maid/Traffic Cop
"You know that you parked this thing in a loading zone, right?"
"And that's for blocking the sidewalk!"
"Your meter has expired!"
"I'm not armed! I'm a meter maid! They don't even let us wear long pants!"

2 comments:

Linz said...

::lol:: This is great. Thanks for making my day. :D

Kastie said...

Hey, the only reason it never went any farther is because we haven't SEEN each other since then! I'm still totally up for it.

We have to have the requisite wisecracking street character with a dog, though. Let's make it a woman, just to buck the trend.