Thursday, January 8, 2009

30 Minute Story A Day - It's Not Easy Being a Ninja Pirate

It's not easy being able to see both sides.

"That's a little harsh, don't you think?" Stan tugged at his collar worriedly. "I think they're intimidating."

"With those stupid hats and lame poofy pants? They're a total joke!"

"Maybe..." Stan paused as he pulled his mask over his face. "Maybe they think we look silly too."

It's not easy being a visionary.

"I'm not sure this is such a good plan." Stan said quietly, peering out over the dark sea.

"What's so hard to understand, Stanley? We find them, we fire, they surrender, we win."

"We're in this giant thing with a flag and there's all the singing and buckling of swashes and it's a bit obvious."

"What do you suggest, running around in black bodysuits and masks?" The deck broke out in laughter and Stan cringed, turning back to the sea.

"Something like that, yeah."

It's not easy being shunned.

"Enough. Take off that ridiculous getup."

"But you can't even tell I'm wearing an eyepatch under this mask!" Stan replied, staring into the mirror.

"You're either with us or against us, Stan."

"I am with you!" Stan insisted. "I'm just sort of also with them. At the same time."

"No, Stan. You're not with either of us."

It's not easy being on your own.

"Give me your valuables." Stan growled, brandishing his sword.

"Are you supposed to be talking? Aren't you guys all silent and menacing?"

"I'm not like them."

"You jumped through my window."

"I've got a sword and...and an eyepatch!"

"Oh. So you're a..."

"Yeah."

"Then why are you dressed like...?"

"Ugh." Stan sighed. "Forget it."

It's not easy being a ninja pirate.

No comments: