Sunday, September 7, 2008

Random

So many of my notebooks are filled with random things. Half forgotten story ideas, lists of rhyming words, doodled pictures and lines of pithy dialogue. I'm in a weird mood tonight so I thought I'd share some of my favorite random finds.

"You can't be her mother, you're an elephant!" - written down the side of a shopping list

"Dolores - Dorthea - Dorsey - Dogbreath " - name ideas for a story (I probably didn't choose the last one)

"Sorry Sport, I was thinking about soup." - Quote from Scrubs that I liked enough to write down.

"Man in red polo, dark jeans, sunglasses, logo has diamond shape, first letter 'P'" - no idea, could be a description of a character or someone who had just robbed me

"2,4,6,8 Who do we appreciate? PEOPLE WHO STOP READING OVER MY SHOULDER!" - I'm going to go out on a limb and say this one was written in class. There is a lovely stick-figure cheerleader doodled nearby. I like to commit.

"Baloney- It's not just for sandwiches anymore." - This is actually at the top of a otherwise blank page. I'm not really sure of the purpose behind this statement. Was I tired of the same old sandwiches? Was I contemplating the varied dishes I could make with the meat? Had I discovered an undiscovered alternative energy source? The world will never know.

No comments: