Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Reflections

Found in a small notebook that I used to carry with me when I spent time outdoors.

Everything looks pretty in reflection. Rocky bits, dirty hills, bare trees, gray clouds; they all shine in reflections. Even the plainest feature takes on a measure of elegance when reflected on water.

Even the means of reflection is ordinary on its own. Muddy water over dirty shores aren't all that beautiful. The water doesn't excel until it shows something other than itself. It's transformed into a thing of wonder when it smooths into glass and reflects the surrounding settings.

That's where the true beauty of reflections lie. Not in the individual pieces that make up the whole, but the combination of the two. Not the image, but the act.

1 comment:

Kastie said...

So when I comment on your blog, I make both of us more beautiful? :)